Thursday 4 August 2011

Assessment done

Jesse had his OT assessment on Monday.

We still need to have the 'Fingings' appointment, but from the day & spending time with him she doesn't think he's on the autism spectrum.

She thinks he's a sensory avoider & its causing anxiety.

So I decide to kind of 'test' the theory. I was out on Tuesday & had to go back out. Instead of coming home & going back again, I stayed out. I took Jesse & Summer to the cafe for some chips & to 2 op shops. After that we went & sat by the river for an hour or so.

On the way home he fell asleep & probably slept for close to an hour.

The second he woke up it started. Nothing was going right, nothing was working. It is now Thursday & he's still getting over it. The littlest thing goes wrong & the screaming starts. It stops for 20 minutes, someone says the wrong thing & it starts again.

I hadn't taken him anywhere except that one friends house & school in 2 weeks. He'd been almost perfect those whole 2 weeks. One day & we are right back where we started.

Again, he doesn't like people & dealing with them. But its not just that. When we were sitting on the river, Summer & I sat in the sunshine, Jesse in the shade. His choice. He had some fun climbing a tree.

The sun was shining & the highway was busy. Stimulation to his senses you don't even realise are affecting him. They are in the background, not touching him or in his face.

So our suggestions so far.
1. A sensory diet.
2. Strict routine.
3. Slowly start taking him out & about again, otherwise the anxiety etc is going to get worse.
4. Early Intervention.

She has no answers yet for his attatchment issues, or his need for lining up his cars in particular orders. He does this more than daily.

I'm waiting for this findings appointment, then Early Intervention. I'm thinking of asking EI if they think I should get a second oppinion.

I don't know if I take this & accept it, or push it, but I think I will push it. I want to be sure. 100%

No comments:

Post a Comment