Tuesday 26 April 2011

Home sweet home

Husband has gone back to work, girls back at school tomorrow, day care day Friday. Happy happy joy joy :D

Had an alright long weekend :)
Took the kids to the ANZAC day service. I don't get to go too often, because even though I think its worth it, having kids out of bed for the 6am dawn service they hold here isn't that easy... So out to mum & dad's & their local service we go.

The girls didn't get the point of the day, so we talked with pop (my dad) about family members & the war.
Both my grandfathers sisters, their husbands & I think 2 of his brothers went to WWII.
All of them came home, but Uncle Ted was a POW.

We talked with Jaz about what they did.
He came home with 3 fingers gone. He was 14.5 stone when he went over... Just over 5 when he got home.

I'd never really known what was done to them before. I knew it was screwed up, but I felt sick hearing the things he saw & experienced.
How someone can survive that I'll never know.

My aunty Dyna is 93. Still going strong. She's amazing.
She thinks I'm mum & my kids are us, but she means so much to us. More of caring grandparent than our own were.
She couldn't get to pop's birthday last year, so I'll have to try get out there so she can meet Summer.

Ok, enough rambling, school tomorrow!!!! Yay!
Best go get uniforms & stuff ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment